Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Growing a business.

Being self employed is fun! Having your own business allows you to work as little or as much as you want. It's also a lot of hard work and the hours can be long. I'm always thinking about new designs, marketing or what I can do to improve. All this is part of daily life and I feel so blessed because I get to do what I love everyday. Our biggest motivation ( I may be the designer and face of JES Design Studio, but we are a team) is that it becomes a successful earning business that allows me to be at home with our children.
Since last October I've been slowly growing my business. It all started with a pair of earrings and the search for a creative outlet on our upcoming road trip. Here we are almost a year later. I started a Facebook page in March, an Etsy shop in June and now just this week my designs are available in a local salon in Fairhaven,Washington. It's very exciting to look back and see how much we've grown. I went from collecting beads and vintage componets to sourcing high quality gemstones. All along my focus has been on providing high quality jewelry at an affordable price. My tag line has become " unique designs for everyday" because you should be able to wear a necklace or a pair of earrings with confidence any day, not just on special occasions! 
I wanted to share a few photos of my designs and of the display at The Grotto Salon just south of Bellingham Washington. 
It's been quite the journey, I learn something new everyday. I can't wait to see where JES Design Studio is a year from now! 

Working on new sketches of upcoming necklaces! 

Before 
After 

With The Grotto Salon owner Karly Lane



















No comments:

Post a Comment