Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Hello June!

Summer is just around the corner! We've had some beautiful sunny days and just enough rain to keep my flowers happy.
This past weekend I took a break from designing new jewelry for an upcoming venture (hint….it rhymes with Betsy!!) to work on a new project.
Ben and I have been hunting for a desk, table, any piece of furniture that would work well as a vanity for me. We were looking for something with character and we found it this past weekend while antiquing in Anacortes.
While browsing a little "new to us" spot off the main road we found this sad looking poorly painted black desk. By the looks of it, it had been sitting there a while and lucky us the shop owner was more than ready to let it go, so we got it 50% off! Wahoo! I love when that happens.
I guess most people are looking for a set, a desk chair and mirror. We already had the chair and mirror ($5 score from our last adventure) so it work out well for all of us.
We loaded it up and as we were driving home Ben asked what color I'd like to paint it. I thought about it for 1.5 seconds and quickly answered with, mint green!!
I like happy bright colors. I think in this life its just as important to surround yourself with joyful colors as it is people. So my work desk is bright yellow and now my vanity is mint green and I love it! Every time I walk in the room it makes me smile.
Here are a few photos we took during the process of giving this once sad desk a happy new life!!










Some of us got a little carried away with the hose while cleaning brushes...

After it dried we carried it in and I began thinking of how I wanted to decorate and make use of this new space. 



It's a mix of new and vintage. 

Vintage German silver plated tea saucer holds my rings and things. I'm loving my new burlap necklace bust to display my new designs. 

Two vintage ceramic pieces ( I love the periwinkle with mint green) 

New wood and glass mini tray for perfume and lotion.

Vintage vanity tray with all my favorite things. 
And most recently I've added this fun white and gray chevron drawer liner to bring it all together.

Now back to work designing new jewelry! 

Xo














No comments:

Post a Comment